Sunday, October 16, 2016

Wedding Good Luck Charms

I'm still thinking about weddings today, of course.  This weekend is all about my nephew's wedding and family festivities.  This made me think of all the things people do to to bring good luck to the happy couple, so I thought I'd share.

My Favorite Traditional Good Luck Wedding Charm

Something old
Something new
Something borrowed
Something blue and
A sixpence in your shoe

This is an old English custom. Something old represents continuity; something new is for optimism for the future; something borrowed brings happiness; something blue insures purity, love, and fidelity; and a sixpence in your shoe is a wish for good fortune and prosperity.

For more excellent wedding superstitions and explanations click HERE.

Click HERE for even more wedding traditions, superstitions, and other cool stuff.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment