Sunday, October 30, 2016

Happy Birthday to My Granddaughter, Sharon!

Seventeen years ago today I made the mad dash from Charleston, South Carolina to Shelby, North Carolina to sit with my oldest son while his first child and my first grandchild was being born. 

I remember sitting there thinking it didn't feel that long ago since I had become a mother in that very hospital, and now I was to be a grandmother and my son was on the brink of being a father.  He was jittery that day, as is common and normal under the circumstances. Jittery and hopeful and nervous and about to burst with anticipation. It was a happy day.

Sharon's arrival was a very welcomed thing to say the least.  She came to us all pink and pretty, and making little cooing noises.  So precious. 

My mother was still alive back then, and she was overjoyed with her new great-granddaughter! I remember how happy she was that day.

Seventeen years ago.  Time has flown!

Sharon is a young lady in high school now. She grows more precious and beautiful with each passing day, and the days sure do pass quickly.


Happy Birthday Dear Granddaughter!  I love you very much and hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment