Tuesday, October 4, 2016

ALL Women Are Career Women

Recently I was talking to a young woman who "works" for a living, as in she works outside the home.  She told me about how her mother never "worked."  

Now.  She said her mother gave birth to and raised FIVE children.  Her mother stayed home and took care of all her children.  She cleaned the house. She nursed the children when they were sick.  She taught them how to walk, talk, feed themselves, dress themselves, and use the bathroom instead of their pants.  She shopped and cooked for them every single day and then washed the dishes. She drove them to wherever they needed to be until they were old enough to drive themselves.  She helped them with their homework.  She encouraged them. Then when they were older she gave them chores to teach them responsibility and how to do things for themselves.  

I was in a hurry that day, so I'm posting this here today in hopes that this young woman reads it because she needs to know that you have to either PAY SOMEONE to raise your children OR you have to raise them yourself.

IF you choose to pay someone to raise your children, then that person is "working."  IF you choose to raise your children yourself, so that they will grow up with your values and know the things you find important in life, then, even though it takes you 24 hours a day EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR to do that, you are NOT working in the eyes of society.

Why do women do this to each other? Why would anyone do this?  Seriously.  Why???????

ALL women work.  Every single woman on this planet works.  

They do jobs I certainly do NOT want to do, and they deserve respect for their contribution to society.  

Even a trophy wife who sits on a yacht all day long works.  She has to work hard to keep her figure or that husband who has the need for a trophy wife will get another one, and she has to sleep with an oftentimes much older man who is also oftentimes NOT physically or emotionally or mentally attractive.  -shudder-  NO.  Thank you all the same.  I sure would NEVER do that job no matter how much money that man would share with me.  -double shudder-

Mothers who stay home with their children work much harder than "career" women because they NEVER get a break from their jobs.

When I was young, I had three children and the oldest was four.  I stayed home with them until the oldest went to kindergarten.  It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.  I knew right then and there that I needed to "go to work" to get a break, so I did, and I have been "working" for decades now, but I still remember how very hard stay-at-home mothers work for NO MONEY and NO RESPECT.

I have the utmost respect for ALL WOMEN.  They do not have an easy time in the world.  The ones who "work" outside the home still seldom make the same amount of money as any man doing the exact same job.  It is shameful.  

Contractors, plumbers, mechanics, car salesmen, bankers, and other male dominated professions oftentimes take unfair advantage of women who have no man to do the bargaining for them.  

Recently, I thought about refinancing my house because the interest rates went so low.  I contacted the proper people to make that happen and then when I got the paperwork, it was completed for my MALE SPOUSE to sign.  

I have NOT had a spouse in 21 years, and even though I was married for 22 years and have never remarried, I receive no alimony.  I bought that house myself and have been making the payments on it for eleven years.  I was so insulted by this MALE banker just assuming a man was paying for my house (even though I TOLD HIM that I live and am alone) that I did NOT refinance.  I did, however, complain to those who hired that particular banker.  It did no good for me to complain, but I complained anyway.

Please speak out when you see or hear injustices.  If no one speaks out, nothing will ever change. 

That is my soapbox speech for today.  Feel free to comment, and, by all means, please share this post!  I believe this is a message that needs to be heard.

We are all important.  We all contribute.  We all deserve respect.


No comments:

Post a Comment