Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Searching for Sugar Man (Probably NOT What You Think)

Searching for Sugar Man is a documentary.  The story is so incredible that this film won an Oscar for Best Documentary in 2013.  It is about the 1970s singer/songwriter, Sixto Rodriguez. Known merely as Rodriguez.  

To view all the film's awards click HERE and be prepared to scroll a long way down before getting to the end of that list.  It is a remarkable film - a modern day rags to riches story - a story of a life that should have been. 

I personally believe every human on this planet should see it, so I'm sharing the trailer with you today. 



After seeing the movie in the theater back in 2012, I bought the DVD of it as soon as it released in 2013.  If you want one too (or a Blu Ray), you can buy it HERE.  You can also rent and stream it on Amazon, or you may be able to find it in your local library.  Streaming it on Netflix is unavailable, but you can get the DVD on Netflix if you have that plan.

However you decide to see it, I'd recommend that you do see it.

Below is Rodriguez as he appears today, singing his hit song, Sugar Man.  I admit.  I just love this man and his music.



The reason I'm thinking about Rodriguez today is I drove to North Carolina recently and listened to his music all the way there and all the way back.  I just can't get enough of it. 

Truth be told, I love that he finally is receiving the recognition he deserves.  

Rodriguez is a rock star you never knew you loved.

To purchase his music, click HERE.  Enjoy and you're welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment