Friday, August 19, 2016

Readers' Choice "My Blog" Awards

Today I've been analyzing my blog to see what kinds of things you like to read best.  Please feel free to share this, so others can read them too!  

It looks like My Original Huguenot Ancestors: A True Story wins the blog award so far at 203 hits!

Here are the top ten most read blog posts as of yesterday afternoon:


PostHits
My Original Huguenot Ancestors: A True Story203
Remembering My Brother, Howard161
Ruby's 1927: A True Story156
Remembering My Brother, Howard: A True Story146
A "Love" Connection in Antioch Community123
Thomas's Childhood: A True Story109
My Tour Guide Years in Lovely Charleston, SC109
Flying the Friendly Skies When the Skies are NOT so Friendly: A True Story     104
Change Your Luck101
Online Housing Obsession98

It looks like you are loving the true stories best.  The personal history stories.  Stories about things that really happened and people that really lived.  The exceptions are the advice post about how to Change Your Luck and the humorous Online Housing Obsession post.  

You like the reflective stories that are the most difficult to write.  I can't write those for you everyday.   Looking back is painful on many levels, but I will continue to write those posts for you when I can.  Those are stories I want my granddaughters to know.  Stories that need to be shared.

The least favorite post I've posted so far is one of the longer Jack Tales, but I feel very strongly that those need to be recorded and shared with the little Appalachian children (of all ages) who have never heard the tales, so I will continue to post them for the few of you who do enjoy them.  


The Appalachian dialect needs to be preserved.  It is important.  The inflections and way of wording sentences are not as common as when I was a girl.  I blame television and radio and the Internet and movies, etc. making everyone sound so similar.  Something rare and valuable will be lost when all those who understand the "Jack Tales" dialect have passed away.   

Those of you who can understand the tales should be PROUD!  Revel in who you are.  You are rare birds to be admired!

If you missed any of my top ten posts, you can click the links above to read (or reread) them.  

Enjoy!!  And thank you so much, dear readers, for reading my blog.  I'll write more by and by.

No comments:

Post a Comment