Sunday, August 14, 2016

Children Grow Up Too Fast: A Walk Down Memory Lane

This evening when I got home from work, a neighbor's little boy rode his bike (with training wheels) over to me and said, "Hey, Miss Alice!" with a big happy smile.

That child is the cutest thing and just loves to talk, so I asked him if he was going to school this year.  He excitedly told me, "I'm going to the BIG school this year!!" and grinned that little charming grin that is going to break some hearts about ten years or so from now.

I said, "You are?  The BIG school?"

He nodded his head up and down, "I'm FIVE!" He held up five fingers, and gave me a smug knowing look.  FIVE is BIG!

Let's face it. FIVE is impressive.  It is a whole handful of fingers!  He was so proud.

I'm still smiling about that encounter, and now I'm remembering when my own little boys were small, so I thought I'd share some photos with you.  I have a bazillion photos, so I'll try to control myself and only share a few of my favorites.

At first there was just Dave, of course.  I really love these two photos taken before Marcus was born.

Dave Hambright smiling at his Mama!
Dave Hambright just a couple of months before his brother, Marcus, was born.
Marcus and Dave 1976.  Dave was so proud of his brother!
Marcus and Dave. Aren't they adorable?
And then there were three!  Dave, Marcus, and Eric (6 days old) - 1978
Dave, Marcus, and Eric. Eric had naturally curly hair when he was really little.  So precious!

And they grew...
And they grew...
And they grew...

Then suddenly...they were grown....
And POOF!  They were gone.  😢

I'm so very proud of the men my sons have become, but I will miss having all my sons home everyday until the day I die...maybe longer. They grew up way too fast.  

These three are my heart.  I love them more everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment