Wednesday, August 10, 2016

How to Properly Adjust Your Rear View Mirrors

When I purchased my new (to me) car last September, I had trouble getting my rear view mirrors adjusted.  There always seemed to be a car traveling in my blind spot when I needed to change lanes, so I decided I needed expert help.

I turned to the Internet, of course, where I find almost all my answers nowadays.  

AAA had posted this video back in 2012, and since my car is a 2012 model, I took that as a sign and followed the directions.



It took me a week or so to get used to having the mirrors set this way, but it really works once your brain adjusts, so I thought I would share!

Here are written instructions in case there is trouble with the video.  

Inside Mirror

Adjust the inside mirror so you can see the entire rear window from the driver's seat by only moving your eyes and not your head.

  • TALL PERSON TIP:  If you are 6 feet tall or taller, try turning the mirror upside down before adjusting to give yourself a better front view.

Side Mirrors

Eliminate blind spots by adjusting the side mirrors to barely overlap the view of the inside mirror.

  • To set the driver's side mirror, put your head against the left side window and set the mirror so you can just barely see the side of the car in the mirror's right side.
  • To set the passenger's side mirror, put your head so that it is above the center console. Set the mirror so you can just barely see the side of the car in the left side of the mirror. 
Try it and let me know what you think!  😊


No comments:

Post a Comment