Wednesday, August 17, 2016

My First Kiss: A True Story

When you think of a first kiss, you think about starry-eyed romance.  You think about a movie scene where the teens are totally, madly, and completely in love with each other when they share their first shy kiss. 

My first kiss was NOT like that at all.

I was a teenager when it happened, as is typical, I think.  

Back then people would rent our small town's Community Center for birthdays and other types of parties.  The Community Center was only about two blocks from Mama's house, so whenever I was invited to a party, it was an easy walk to get there, and Mama would usually let me go.

When I was invited to that particular party, I remember it was Autumn in the late 1960s, and I was a student in the old Blacksburg High School (grades 7-12) that was torn down in the 1970s.  

I can't remember whose birthday it was, but I'm thinking it was a birthday party.

I honestly don't remember much about that night other than I was at a party at the Community Center and someone said, "Let's play "Spin the Bottle!"

I didn't want to play, but peer pressure is a formidable thing at that age, so I played. 

The boy who kissed me was maybe my age or a year older.  He didn't know it was my first kiss.  If I could remember his name, I would tell it to you, but I don't really remember.  I just know he was taller than me with dark hair, and it was not a good experience.

The next day at school that boy told everyone I had sex with him.  -sigh-  If a kiss shared fully dressed in front of a group of teens at a party is sex, then that is true.  If sex is more than just a public kiss with all your clothes on, then that was a lie.

Story of my life. 

No one would believe me when I said it was not true.  The more I denied it, the more they believed it.  I'm still upset about that.  If I had had sex, I would have told them.  It was just not true.

That was my first kiss.  It was the only kiss I ever shared with that young man.  I regret the kiss.

A first kiss really should be all about infatuation and romance.  Your heart should flutter and you should feel so happy that you're still floating on the feeling the next day.  

My first kiss was not like that, but I sure hope my last kiss is.  Time will tell, I guess.  😗


No comments:

Post a Comment