Thursday, June 23, 2016

Modular House Plans

I've been looking at modular house plans again.  This time I found three little houses that would be PERFECT for me, and they can be built "Green" which would make me happy.  

These are from Mountain Brook Homes in Asheville, NC. 

I haven't priced them yet because the price may change between now and this time next year, but I really like the idea of any of these three little house plans.  It may boil down to which house would fit best on the lot I buy.  

The more I shop, the more I think going the modular route really makes good sense for me.  

Here's the first house plan:


I LOVE that it has an unfinished second floor.  I could use that for storage OR I could finish it and use it for guests or as an art studio or office space.  

Here's the second house plan:

This house would be a little larger than the first.  I love that it has two full baths and the split floor plan.  this would give my guests more privacy if anyone does visit me to stay the night after I move.  I can also make one of the extra bedrooms into an art studio or office space.


This one is admittedly a little big for just me, but look at that walk-in closet in the master bedroom!!!  I would LOVE that!  I'd have to have them move the garage up so that the door off the dining room would open into the garage and then add another door from the garage into the backyard for the dogs, but that should not really be a problem with this floorplan.  

It is hard to decide, and I may end up finding the PERFECT little house already built to buy, but a new house would be practically maintenance free for the first few years.  That is an attractive feature.

The more I look at these, the more I like the first one best.  It is little and has the potential for a LOT of storage on that second unfinished floor.  Two bathrooms would be nice, but I really only need one, and I could always add another one later when I win the lottery.  😉

Hmm...lots to think about.  

Which one do you like best?

Yes.  I will absolutely make myself crazy with this.  We will see what I do in the end.  Wish me good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment