Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Arthritis Information

One out of every 5 adults and approximately 300,000 children in our country right now have some form of arthritis. If you are reading this, there is a fairly good chance that you (or someone you love) are one of them. 

Normal and Arthritic Joints

I sure wish I had a magic wand to wave and fix your pain but I don't.  I do, however, know of a website, that might give you some helpful information.  It is the Arthritis Foundation's website, and you can access it by clicking HERE.

Did you know that arthritis sufferers can oftentimes predict the weather better than meteorologists?  It is true.  

Barometric pressure and suddenly lowering temperatures can cause your arthritis to act up.  There is even an online tool HERE that will predict if the weather where you are right now will affect your arthritis today.  

Some of you are probably saying, "Aw.  This article does not apply to me.  I'm too young to have arthritis."  Please re-read the first paragraph above.  Around 300,000 children in the US have arthritis right now.  Even babies can have arthritis.  It is just more common to have it as we age.

There are more than 100 different types of arthritis.  I, personally, do NOT like any of them.  Nothing good ever comes from arthritis.  Only pain.  

I only have osteoarthritis and bursitis at the moment. 
(-knock on wood-  NEVER let me say things like that!  It tempts the fates!) 


Bursitis wakes me up at night when I roll over in my sleep.  It hurts, and I HATE the steroid shots I have to take every few months and all the medicine I have to take, so I've been searching for alternatives to help myself.  

Here's what I've found so far (See below.).  The titles are pretty self-explanatory, but you can click the links for more information or to purchase the products if you like.  

All of these have such good reviews.  Some are books, some are gadgets, some are supplements, some are just helpful things like scissors that are easy to use when your hands hurt.  I hope you find something that helps you or someone you love!
  1. The Arthritis Cure: The Medical Miracle That Can Halt, Reverse, And May Even Cure Osteoarthritis by Jason Theodosakis, MD
  2. Jar Opener Bottle Opener Rubber Twister Grip For Seniors Rheumatoid Arthritis Products Aids For Hands Gripper Lid Twist Off Food Package Grip Quality Kitchen Gadgets and Tools Perfect Kitchen Set
  3. Super Big Fat Pens for Arthritis and Hand Pain (5 pack)
  4. Arthritis Diet: Anti-Inflammatory Foods That Relieve Arthritis and Reduce Joint Inflammation
  5. Turmeric Curcumin with Bioperine Anti-inflammatory, Antioxidant & Anti-Aging Supplement with Black Pepper for Best Absorption. Premium Joint Pain Relief. All Natural & Non-Gmo
  6. Arthritis Gloves By Copper Compression Gear (Full Finger) 100% GUARANTEED - Relieve Symptoms of Arthritis, RSI, Carpal Tunnel, Swollen Hands, Tendonitis & More!
  7. Yoga for the Rest of Us: Easy Yoga for Arthritis
  8. 5 in 1 Multi Kitchen Tool - Bottle & Jar Opener, Screw Off Top & Pull Tab Assist for Prying Lids Off Without Straining Your Hands - Premium Kitchenware Gadgets by Mo+m Kitchen
  9. Fiskars 8 Inch Premier Easy Action Bent Scissors
  10. Men's Women's Pure Magnetic Copper Bracelet Arthritis Healing Therapy Cuff
If you use or know of any other "over the counter" things that really help arthritis, please comment below.  

My motto is, "Information is useless if not shared."

No comments:

Post a Comment