Saturday, November 26, 2016

Westerns

Recently a friend and I went to see the 2016 remake of the Magnificent Seven at a local movie theater.  It was magnificent!!!

I came away remembering all the old westerns I've seen in my lifetime and all the actors and actresses I loved watching play the characters in them, John Wayne, James Arness, Amanda Blake, Richard Boone. Clint Eastwood....

Then it occurred to me that it has been literally years since I've watched a western!  Why?  No clue.  I love them as long as the horses don't get hurt.  They can kill off all the humans they like.  Just don't hurt the animals.  I can't stand to watch that.

If you are like me and haven't seen a western in a very long time, I would highly recommend that you go see the Magnificent Seven that is now playing in theaters.  I wouldn't take small children to see it because of all the bloodshed, but if you like shoot-em-up movies, this is one of the best. 

I love that this movie has all the diversity of the human condition represented.  That almost never happens in movies, and it was good to see.  

It is pretty impossible to not have a favorite among these seven.  I have to tell you.  My favorite is the one with the knives.  That man is impressive!  My second favorite would be the one with the card tricks.  He's pretty smart and I like smart men.  Then I'd have to go with the Native American.  Gotta love a man who can use a bow and arrow like that.

Okay.  I admit it.  I love the weapons.  I like sharpshooting and knife throwing and archery.  Can't help it.  I also love martial arts, but that is a story for another day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment