Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today I thought I'd share a poem I wrote decades ago.  It is published in my book, Living in My Body: Too Many Birthdays'll Kill Ya(Kindle Version) Enjoy!

Thanksgiving

Things I am thankful for…

T – tombstones, tomahawks, and tears
H – heavy hammers and harrowing heights
A – anger, aggression, and arrogant asses
N – neglect, need, and nasty nights
K – kindness kept and killer kisses
S – selfish sailors and sinful sisters
G – grisly girls and ghastly guys
I – injections, injuries, and insensitive in-laws
V – vivisection, vomit, and voracious victims
I – innuendoes, inordinate ingrates and ignorance
N – noxious, nervous, nincompoop nuisances
G – grotesque, grouchy, groping guests and guiltiness

Without such things our lives would be
Forever happy and care-free –
There would be no need to pray,
And certainly no need for Thanksgiving Day!

Also, if you are reading this today, please know that I am thankful for you.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!  I hope you all have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment