Thursday, November 10, 2016

Americans Are Resilient!

The election is over.  America has spoken. We are a country divided. Trump won the electorate. Clinton won the popular vote. Which frightens me enough to write this post.

Today's post is to remind all the Americans anywhere near my age that it really doesn't matter who is President of these United States.  We will survive.  

We may not like it, or we may love it, but either way, we will survive, and, no matter who is in power, the other political party will come back into power in just a few more years.

This is why we study history.

I, personally, have lived through the presidencies of:

1955 Dwight Eisenhower Republican
1961 John F. Kennedy Democrat
1963 Lyndon B. Johnson Democrat
1969 Richard M. Nixon Republican
1974 Gerald Ford Republican
1977 Jimmy Carter Democrat
1981 Ronald Reagan Republican
1989 George Bush Republican
1993 Bill Clinton Democrat
2001 George W. Bush Republican
2009 Barack Obama Democrat
2016 Donald Trump Republican

I've lived through more Republicans than Democrats.  I have not yet lived through even one president that I totally agreed with on the issues, so I'm choosing to be optimistic and hopeful this morning.

That's my soapbox for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment