Tuesday, December 13, 2016

I'm RICH!!! Okay...maybe not...ugh...SPAM.

Today I read some of my spam.  The first one said:

DEBT RECOVERY COMMITTEE
FUND CLEARING HOUSE LONDON

UNCLAIMED FUND NOTIFICATION

I am Mr David Louw of the Debt Recovery Committee (DRC). My committee has the mandate to recover unpaid debts associated with contracts, lottery fund, inheritance fund, loans and grants etc ranging from $1M - $ 19.5m owed to various beneficiaries across the globe (Asia, Europe, USA, Africa, and Australia) and submit the list of the unpaid beneficiaries to the appointed official paying Banks for immediate payment of the fund.

In the course of our investigation, your email address / particulars were listed among the first fifteen yet to be paid hence this email.
However, we received a petition yesterday from one Mrs. Christina Morgan that you are dead. According to her, you died in a plane crash therefore that the fund be paid to her as the heir apparent. She has submitted her Bank account with FNB for the transfer of the fund to her.

To avoid undue delay or paying the fund to wrong beneficiary, I have decided to contact you for confirmation. If I fail to hear from you after 72 hours, it will be assumed the petition of Mrs. Morgan is true and the fund will be paid to her without further delay.

Therefore, if you are still alive, reconfirm your particulars as stated below and send immediately ,

1. Full Name: ____________________________ 2. Address: ______________________________ 3. Nationality: ____________ Sex___________ 4. Date of Birth: ________ 5. Occupation: ___________________________ 6. Phone: _______ Fax: _____________________ 7. State of Origin: _______ Country: _______

Yours Sincerely,
Mr. David Louw.
Reply to this email: iinfo488@gmail.com
Fund Clearing House London
+44 703 194 9292

Now. I ask you. Who is this Mrs. Christina Morgan going around telling people I am dead??? AND why in the world would she submit her bank account information to this Mr. David Louw of Debt Recovery committee (DRC) in London?? That seems crazy.

Also, if this David was given my email address and particulars, why does he not know my name?

-sigh-

I'd really like for one of these to be true sometime. If you Google "Debt Recovery Committee (DRC)" the first hits are about SCAMS. Go figure.

Same thing with "Fund Clearing House London." Sad. Just sad.

I do find it interesting that the phone number is in a USA format with +44 plopped in front of it. That is odd. A real London phone number would look something like this +44 (0)20 7646 0400.




Sometimes I get real email that accidentally goes into my SPAM folder. That happened today too. I subscribe to Bruce Cameron's column.  It started:

The Cameron Column – An Answer to my Emails

A Free column sent electronically to everyone and also telepathically to a reader in Roswell, New Mexico.

Yes, we would love more subscribers!  Please pass this column along and tell people signing up is as easy as clicking Here. (NOTE: You want to subscribe.)




Most of the time  my spam is someone trying to sell me something...or someone trying to get my money for nothing, but I do get the odd Russian mail order bride emails and such.  Those are fun to read.  Then there's the hackers trying to get into my computer stuff.  Always something.

SPAM tip.  NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER answer spam.  Resist!  You'll be glad you did. 

If you answer spam, they will sell your email address to advertisers and other people who want to target you.  Then you'll find your spam mailbox looking like this:



I've learned over the years to just delete everything in the SPAM folder every single day.  You should too.  Look to make sure none of it is real and then delete the rest.  Always.  Everyday.


No comments:

Post a Comment