Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Christmas in Rockville, South Carolina - Circa 1996

When I first moved to Charleston, SC, I met a good many people who had sailboats.  I used to go sailing with friends every Sunday afternoon.  Their boats were kept in the old Navy Base Marina in North Charleston.  It was a fun time.

The sailing people all knew one another.  

Every year there is a big regatta in Rockville, South Carolina in the late summer, but unless I'm terribly mistaken, I think these same sailing people also get together in Rockville at Christmastime for a covered dish party.

The photo below was taken in Rockville around 1996 at such a Christmas party.  That is about all the details I remember about the photo.  I do remember that I was dressed as an elf (hard to forget that).  The little girl is the Grinch's daughter, and the woman who was his wife at the time is still one of my best friends.  The daughter grew up and is now an attorney in Georgia, I believe.  She is still just as beautiful today.


My life has changed so much since this photo was taken.  Sometimes I miss the woman I was then.  I had so much more energy and life was more than work/home work/home.  I feel so blessed to have had the joy and privilege of living those days.  

I sure hope my retirement next year brings happy days like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment