Monday, January 9, 2017

Two Years Can Make a Big Difference - Enjoy Today!

Today I've been thinking about how quickly life can change. 

As most of you know, my brother, Tom, passed away Christmas Eve.  I've been very sad these following days, but I know he is no longer in pain, so I try to find comfort in that.  I still miss him though.

I've been looking at pictures again. 

These photos were taken November 8, 2014, just over two years ago.  My! What a difference two years can make!

When I get depressed or just feeling sorry for myself, I need to remember that life can turn on a dime. Even a single day can change the course of your life for good or for bad.  This time next year, I could be living high post-lottery win for all I know.  I could meet Prince Charming, re-marry, and live happily every after.  My situation could be better or worse.  I'm hoping for better. 

Two years ago my brother had no idea the cancer would attack and take his life.  None of us knew. 

These photos are so happy.  This was when Tom could still eat regular food.  I used to love going out to eat with Tom and his family.  My son, Marcus, was still living in the area, and I enjoyed his company so much. 

Times change.  People change.  Circumstances change.  Health changes. 

Here's to living for today and enjoying the good in our lives right this very minute.  I'm going to try to do that more this year.

Enjoy the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment