Friday, January 27, 2017

Rest in Peace, Kris Neal

My friend, Kris Neal, died this week.  He was 44. I am heartbroken at his passing.

Kris was my neighbor, my friend, and the favorite of my wheel-thrown pottery teachers.  He was also a dog lover like me.  We saw each other often at the local dog parks.  His dogs, Lola and Pepper, are so precious.  I know they will miss him most of all.

Kris holding his beloved pug, Lola, with his sweet Pepper at his side.

Kris was a very talented potter and pottery teacher.  He owned Fire and Earth Pottery near my house.  I only have a couple of his pieces, but I love all his work. 

Kris also did several instructional videos, so his teaching will live on even after his passing. Here is an example for you:


You can see more of his work on Instagram by clicking HERE.

Kris was well loved and will be missed.  

Rest in peace, my friend.  Until we meet again....

A celebration of Kris's life will be held at Ackerman Park Dog Park in West Ashley, Sunday, January 29, 2017 from 12-5 PM.

5 comments:

  1. So sorry to find out he passed, I enjoyed seeing him work in his videos. Did they ever find out what happened and why he was taken from us so suddenly? My condolences, albeit late, for the loss of your beloved friend, neighbor and teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nunya: if you are still searching information, please contact me directly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found this potter and fell in love with the videos. Went on a search for more and found the sad news. Wondering if there are any pieces of his left anywhere for sale still. I teach pottery and collect pieces from incredible potters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. His FB site is https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=752958753

    The Denise Neal in some of the posts on that site is his sister. You may want to contact her.

    I have several of Kris's pieces, but they will never be for sale. I treasure them.

    ReplyDelete