Tuesday, January 3, 2017

An Unexplainable Thing

New Years Day 2017 started like most Sundays.  I got up and rushed around the house getting ready for church.  After church I ate lunch, walked the dogs and did normal Sunday afternoon things.  Then, later that night, I decided to take myself to see a movie I'd been wanting to see.

When I got to the movie theater, everything was normal.  There were a lot of people already seated.  All the seats in the middle of the theater were taken, but there were seats in the front and back, so I decided to sit in the middle of the back row.  It was theater seating. I climbed the stairs, found a seat and settled myself.  More people came into the theater, so that others were on the back row too, far to my right.  The theater was about 3/4 or more full, I'd say.

The movie was excellent!  About two hours into it a young boy came up the stairs to my left and I thought to myself, "I should probably stand up so he can get by," but I'm slow standing up these days.  My back has been threatening me. There wasn't much room, but he didn't even slow down, so I didn't have time to stand.  That boy just passed by my legs like there was room.  He never touched me or even acknowledged me at all, but I felt him pass.  He looked to be about eight or nine years old, I'd say.  Short dark hair. 

I thought to myself, "That is odd. A boy that age should not be in a theater alone. Especially this late at night!" and I looked to my right as he sat down between me and the other people sitting at the end of the row.  The people looked back at me.  No one spoke to the boy.  

As I said, the movie was good, so I went back to watching it.  When the scene changed again, I glanced down the row in the direction of the young boy, still wondering why he was alone.

The boy wasn't there!!!  I kid you not.  

He did not go back past me, and the only way out from the other direction would have been to go down those stairs and cross in front of the theater.  I would have seen him.  I scanned the crowd to see if he was sitting someplace else, but there were no children in the theater at all that night.  That boy just disappeared!

Maybe he left and I didn't see him.  Maybe there was really nothing odd about the boy at all.  Maybe I was just imagining things, but the hair stood up on the back of my neck and I can tell you I was spooked.  

This was two nights ago and I'm still wondering how a boy of eight or nine can simply disappear!  Was he a ghost?  Where did he go?  Did I hallucinate him? Am I crazier than I thought?

It was a rainy, dreary, drizzly night.  The perfect night for ghosts to be out roaming the world, but in a movie theater?  Why? Why? Why?

If he is a ghost, I wonder if anyone else has seen him?  

What an odd start to my year.  I wonder what other experiences this year holds?  I wonder....



No comments:

Post a Comment