Thursday, January 19, 2017

Prophetic Dream

Many years ago I dreamed a dream.  A very disturbing dream.  The US was at war, and random bombs and violence was happening all over America, but not everyday.  Just random things like the Boston Marathon bombing and the things in this article from September 2016.

It was one of those dreams where I was so upset that I realized I was dreaming and woke myself up. Once awake, I just somehow knew it would happen.

At the time I was renting the upstairs of an old house on one of Charleston's barrier islands, but in the dream I lived up Hwy 61 in West Ashley, and I had dogs.

As I said, years have passed.  I now find myself living with dogs where I lived in the dream, and I have watched as all the buildings in the dream have been built in real life.  All but the last few on the other side of the Crosstown.

They are in the process of building those last ones now.  

As each building goes up, I think of that dream and nearly panic at the thought of still being here when it happens.  I will retire and move away in July of this year if at all possible. Hopefully it won't happen before then.

In the dream a bomb explodes near the front of the Veteran's Hospital in downtown Charleston, SC.  Panic ensues.  

Soldiers arrive shortly after the explosion.  They raise the Ashley River drawbridge and close off the peninsular.  No one is allowed to enter or leave.  I am frantic to get across the Ashley River to my dogs, and in the dream I am considering trying to "borrow" a boat to cross the Ashley River, but then I rationalized that I would need my car to get out of the area.  I was frantic to leave, but couldn't figure out a way to get off the peninsular.  I was so frantic that I woke myself up.  


Let's hope this was just an unfortunate dream that has stayed with me for over a decade.  Let's hope that the buildings they have built that were in the dream are just a coincidence.  Let's hope that no one targets our Veteran's Hospital with a bomb. 

But most of all...I hope I get to move away before they finish those last buildings.  Let's hope....




2 comments:

  1. Phophetic? Where is autocorrect when you need it lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Typos. Don't you hate them? Thank you for pointing that out! Let's hope the dream turns out to be a little less than correct too.

      Delete