Saturday, January 14, 2017

King Cake

As most of you know, I am NOT Catholic, but you may not know that I love a lot of Catholic things.  King Cake, historically a Catholic thing, for instance, is delicious!

I was in my local Publix grocery store yesterday and I noticed they had King Cake for sale.  I don't ever recall having seen it in a store before, but they had both large and small ones.  I didn't buy one because awhile back I found the BEST recipe for King Cake, so I just make it at home.  I can't imagine a cake being any better than this one.  YUM!  So easy too, since I use frozen yeast bread dough...the loaf kind. 

To see the recipe I use, click HERE.  There are step by step photos there too.

I promise you, it is VERY easy and VERY delicious!  I've made it with orange extract instead of lemon and that is  yummy too.  I never hide the plastic baby in it because it is usually just me eating it.  It keeps well in the fridge for a week or more if you keep it wrapped tight.  I keep saying I'm going to freeze it, but it never lasts that long.  Oh well. 

In case you're confused and wondering, "What the heck is a King Cake????" Click HERE to read all about the history of the King Cake.  

Those of you who have ever visited New Orleans during Mardi Gras probably already know.  😋

No comments:

Post a Comment