Wednesday, September 14, 2016

The Ransom of Red Chief by O. Henry

Today I've been thinking about my favorite short stories.  Many come to mind, of course, but perhaps my very favorite of all was written in 1910 and is still relevant today.  It is The Ransom of Red Chief by O. Henry.  If you click the link, you can read it.  I'm betting you will like it too.  😃

When I first read this story, I had three little boys that typically behaved pretty much like Red Chief, so this story made me laugh out loud the first time I read it.

Okay.  I admit.  I still laugh out loud when I read it.

I'm afraid Red Chief also reminds me a little bit of my brother, Gene, who could absolutely behave just like that at times and who, like Red Chief, was a red-head.  I miss Gene.  

This is a story that should be re-read and re-read anytime you're feeling like you're having a bad day.  Try it.  You'll see.  It will make you feel better about your day because there is no way your day could possibly be worse than poor Bill's.  😉

Too funny!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment