Monday, September 19, 2016

The Grandest of Sisters

Today I'm thinking about my granddaughters, Sharon and Paige.  They truly are grand girls!  They are both teenagers now.  

They've grown up way too fast.  Way. Too. Fast. 

As I look at some of the pictures from their lives so far, I can't help but think how blessed they have been to have had each other all these years.  Siblings can truly be blessings.  Admittedly, sometimes they appear to be blessings in disguise, but the older I become the more thankful I am for my own siblings, and the more thankful I am that my son and his wife decided to have two children.

Just look at these girls.  Aren't they great together? Click the picture for a larger view.


The two photos of them as babies are my very favorites.  I took these the first time Sharon ever met Paige.  We told Sharon that her Mama had gone to the hospital to get her a baby sister for her to love, so Sharon loved her and kissed her on the forehead so very sweetly.  Precious sisters.

I wish all sibling relationships could be good like this, but that is not the case, of course.  Not all sibling relationships are good.  I know this perhaps as well as anyone.  It is okay to remove any and all toxic relationships from your life.  Loving someone does NOT mean you have to allow them to continually hurt you, but even with the hurtful sibling relationships, it is good to be thankful for the good times.  It is always good to be thankful.

Life is full of blessings.  Sometimes we have to search and search to find them, but they are there.  Feed the blessings and they will breed.  Encourage joy and it will grow.  Remember the good times often and be blessed.  

These are my wishes for you today, dear readers.  I am thankful for YOU! May you find blessings where you least expect them.  😍

No comments:

Post a Comment