Thursday, July 7, 2016

Summer Reading Book Recommendations

Summertime is reading time, if you ask me.  Okay, I admit pretty much everyday is reading time.  I love books.

If you haven't read the following books, I'd recommend that you check them out when you can.  In fact, these authors are so good, I'd recommend pretty much anything they have written.  

Your local library will probably have these books or others by these authors for sure.  If not, just click the links to purchase them.  

They are in no particular order.  They are the first 10 books that I love that popped into my head this morning.  They are all excellent!
  1. The Rosewood Casket: A Ballad Novel by Sharyn McCrumb
  2. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
  3. The Name of the Wind (Kingkiller Chronicle) by Patrick Rothfuss
  4. Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore
    (WARNING: If you are easily offended, do NOT read this.  If you have a sense of humor, it is hilarious.)
  5. The Bone Garden by Tess Gerritsen
  6. The Shack by William Young
  7. Sandman Slim by Richard Kadrey
  8. Big Fish by Daniel Wallace
  9. Many Lives Many Masters by Brian Weiss
  10. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
If you read them (and you SHOULD read them), let me know what you think!
This is from one of the books above. Guess which one!
BONUS BOOK!!!  If you are a dog lover like me or even if you only like dogs a little, you should definitely read A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron

This book comes with a warning:  It will make you laugh out loud.  It will make you cry out loud.  Whatever you do, do NOT stop reading it.  You must read it to the end.  You will love the book if you do.  I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment