Friday, July 29, 2016

Remembering My Dear Friend, Flo

When I was growing up we used to play board games or card games a LOT.  Then later in my life, I remember loving to play board games or card games with my sons.

Now I have friends who enjoy board and card games.  The most recent addition to the pile of games we play is Exploding Kittens.  

Exploding Kittens is a game of chance and fun to play despite the name, but I prefer more strategic games like Rummikub or Scrabble.

A few years ago I used to get together with a friend named Karen and her mother, Flo, and we would play Rummikub on Sunday afternoons.  I really miss those afternoons.

Flo was in her 90s and a Rummikub shark.  -grin-  Seriously, she would beat Karen and I all the time.  It is really bad when a 90something year old beats you playing a game of strategy.  -sigh-  I used to ask her when she was going to get senile.  She would laugh and laugh.  

I just loved Flo.  

Flo eventually moved away to live with her son in Ohio and has since passed from this Earth.  Heaven is a brighter place with Flo there. 

I sure hope to be like Flo if I live to be in my 90s.  She lived everyday with zest!  She laughed a lot and loved a lot and basically enjoyed her life.  

We should all strive to be like Flo.  

Flo on her 90th birthday (2009).

Alice and Flo at her 90th birthday party.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful memories of all of us together!!!

    ReplyDelete