Wednesday, February 1, 2017

A Dozen Things to Do When Your Knee Injury is Healing

  1. Catch up on calling your friends and relatives.
    After all they will want to know all the details of your accident and tell you stories about the time they hurt themselves.  This should eat up a good bit of time.
  2. Binge watch Netflix
    Always good to use time without having to move very much.  I've been binge watching Limitless recently and would recommend it!
  3. Read a good book
    I'm still reading Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by by J. K. Rowling, John Tiffany, Jack Thorne.  I was shocked that the book is a play, but is so very different from the movie.  I love all these books though, so I will eventually finish it.  
  4. Binge watch Amazon Prime Video
    I switch between Amazon Prime Video and Netflix a LOT.  I enjoy almost all their original shows.  My latest Amazon Prime Video guilty pleasure is  Z: The Beginning of Everything - The Life of Zelda Fitzgerald‎.  I watched them all and can't wait for more!
  5. Do Sudoku or Crossword puzzles.  Fun! 
  6. Play Computer Video Games - Lots to choose from, but I still love the old favorites, Solitaire, Tetris, etc. I LOVE The Sims, but their world will eat your life, so play with caution.
  7. Interact with friends, old and new, on social media. BEWARE: You will most likely be bombarded with political posts.  If you have high blood pressure, it may not be healthy for you to spend too much time on social media unless you block all those people whose opinions make you crazy.  The cat and dog videos are nice though, and you can say hello to old friends from high school if you are lucky.
  8. Watch YouTube instructional videos - Always enlightening!  There may even be some videos on how to prevent falls in the future.  I know I need to watch those!
  9. Research your family history on ancestry.com or many other genealogy websites.  Fascinating stuff!
  10. Pet your pets!  Dogs, cats, rabbits, horses, or whatever pets you have handy will make you feel better for sure. 
  11. Answer all those old emails you've been neglecting.  I know...not that much fun, but it will keep you busy for awhile.
  12. Read blogs!!  Like http://www.alicessilveryears.com !!!
That should be enough to keep you busy for a little while.  Don't forget to eat good food, take your medicine, do your exercises as appropriate, RICE (rest, ice, compress, and elevate), and get well soon!!!


Mine was a medial collateral ligament sprain.  Not really as much fun as it sounds because of the osteoarthritis in that knee.  Being old is not as much fun as I was led to believe as a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment