Thursday, February 2, 2017

Happy Groundhog Day!

Punxsutawney Phil Sees Shadow
Predicts Six More Weeks of Winter


Poor Punxsutawney Phil.  They woke him up and hurt his eyes with the sunshine casting his shadow, and he was not finished sleeping.  Then they let thousands of people be photographed individually with His Seer of Seer Rodentness.  

Poor thing.  I hope he's back to napping by the time you read this.

Today, here in Charleston, it is a lovely sunshiny day.  Beautiful and fairly cool in the 60s outside right now, but 95 degrees in my office because there are no working thermostats in this building, but that is another story.

I sincerely can NOT wait to retire where I hope to spend the rest of my entire life in a place with working thermostats, so that I always know what the weather will be INSIDE the building I am in.  That is my hope.  I also hope to spend the rest of my life in buildings where bathrooms are NOT a hike away from my room or office.

Ah...it is a daydreaming kind of day today for sure.

Groundhog Day has been a marker of my life for the past 22 years.  I feel somehow that today releases me from that curse.  I feel lighter somehow and hopeful that my next (and most likely last) 22 years will be more joyful and populated with much happier days.  

That is my wish.  That is my hope.  

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing at least a few more days of winter this year.  I know we've already had two days of winter here in lovely Charleston, SC, but we used to get at least two weeks of winter.  I'd like that.  I miss seasons most of all.

But my azaleas are already blooming and my grass is greening and all my spring flowers are raising their little heads.  I suspect HOT HOT HOT weather will arrive all too soon here.

I can NOT wait to move, so I can breathe better, see more of my family, and generally be a happier person.  I look forward to the later part of 2017 with anticipation and hope!  

Happy Groundhog's Day everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment