Friday, February 17, 2017

One of Those Days

It has been one of those days.

This morning I went to a Starbucks near my home and ordered a mochachino.  Instead of receiving a mochachino, I got a frappuccino instead.  By that time I was running late and didn't have time to wait any longer, so I just drank the frappuccino. Admittedly, it was delicious, but I really wanted hot coffee. -sigh-

Then at lunchtime I went to Publix and ordered one lunch of fried chicken, mac and cheese, and veggies, and was given two identical lunches instead. I decided to keep the extra lunch since she fixed it for me because I can eat it tomorrow and not have to cook, but still...there is only one of me.  Why would she think I needed two lunches?

Then, when I went home at lunchtime today to let the dogs out, the surveyor had come. He was to do a regular property survey today, but I thought he'd mark where the subdivision should be. Nope. He didn't, so now I'm worried that I'll have to pay another $550.00 for another survey once the subdivision plat is created. -sigh- I tried to call them to ask, but they leave at 1:00 PM on Fridays, of course.

Then I got stuck in SEWE traffic. -double sigh-

I used to always take the SEWE Friday off so I could go and enjoy the SEWE events.  SEWE stands for Southeastern Wildlife Exposition.  They have it in Charleston every February.  I LOVE going.  They have dock dogs that compete.  There are birds of prey exhibitions.  There are retriever events.  There are fly fishing demonstrations and wildlife shows.  There are chef cooking demonstrations and lots of wildlife related things to buy and MORE, but my favorite thing about SEWE is the wildlife art.

Today there will be a Quick Draw, Speed Sculpt, and Auction.  That is my favorite thing.  Here are some photos from previous Quick Draw, Speed Sculpt and Auctions I've attended.  So much fun and I LOVE watching all the artists make their art!








See?  Awesome!  If you ever get a chance to attend the SEWE events, you don't want to miss this. 

If you are in or near Charleston and you missed today's events, that is okay.  SEWE will be here tomorrow and Sunday too.  For more information and each day's schedule of events: click HERE.


Probably for the best that I didn't go today though.  It really has been one of those days.  I'm actually afraid to do anything else today. It seems everything I touch has gone awry. 

Maybe my luck with change with the tides. I hope.  At any rate, today is FRIDAY, and that is always good.  😉  Wish me good luck that the rest of my weekend will be good too!

No comments:

Post a Comment