Saturday, March 18, 2017

Indian Summer - A Poem

Indian Summer is a poem I wrote a few years ago.  It is published in my poetry book Alice's Verse.  You can hear me read it below.

I've been thinking of this poem recently as I face my retirement and turn the page on a new chapter of my life.  Enjoy!







the dance
giggled through my limbs
twisting and turning me -
a jackstone on end

I laughed through those days
happily ignoring
the oncoming frost
the pale grey days
of impending winter

reveling in the harvest
of my years
I spent the time
entwined in the eyes
of tall and handsome
fair weather lovers

gluttonous
I ate of their sweetness
writhing in their beds
with only thoughts
of pleasure
enjoying all the confections
denied in my youth

Ah...those glorious fleeting days
of Indian summer
now but a memory
frozen in the lines
around my eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment