Sunday, March 26, 2017

Alice's Bedroom's Evolution

Back in 2005, when I first bought my house, my bedroom was painted white, and I was okay with that for a few months, but then I painted it a pale green.  

Not long after I painted my bedroom green, I became obsessed with painting a tree mural in the corner of the room.  No clue why other than one night when I was painting that mural, there was a loud BOOM and the whole house shook.  I assumed it was an earthquake, as earthquakes are fairly commonplace in Charleston, SC.  My boy dog, Buster, came running inside through the dog doors and was breathing so very hard that he took all my attention until I went to sleep that night.  I guessed the earthquake scared him.

I was wrong.


The next morning when I woke up, I noticed there was a HUGE tree in my backyard!!!  That tree used to stand behind my nextdoor neighbors' back fence. It had fallen and demolished a good portion of both our fences, which meant I suddenly didn't have a yard for my dogs anymore until the tree was removed, but that is another story.  

Today's story has to do with my bedroom.  

Yes.  I painted the tree on the green wall in 2006 and it looked like this:


I loved the tree for a long time, but I grew tired of the green, so a few years later, I painted my bedroom blue, but I kept the tree.  It looked like this:

I liked it okay, but the tree looked better on its original green wall, I think.  Still, I kept it for many years until yesterday, March 26, 2017, when I decided to have a normal bedroom again.  Now it looks like this:

and I LOVE it so very much!  Here's another shot of the room I took today:

This is the corner where the tree mural was.  It feels so calm and comforting in the room now.  I really love it.  All things pass when the time is right.  It was time for the tree to go, and I couldn't be more pleased. 

The color is really more of a grey with blue/green undertones, but for some reason my camera's eyes saw it as a pinkish color in this light.  It is really a more beautiful relaxing color in real life.  Lovely and it makes me happy!


What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment