Monday, March 20, 2017

Happy Vernal Equinox!

Today is a very special day.  It's the first day of Spring!!  The day and the night will be equal lengths today.  Tomorrow the day will begin slowly overpowering the night until the longest day of the year, the Summer Solstice in late June, when the night begins its turn in power once again.

Earth is a wondrous balancing act of day and night and hot and cold.  Weak and strong.  The yin and yang of life as we know it on this planet.  Amazing when you think about it.

I almost never think about the seasons in the Southern Hemisphere of this planet since I live in the Northern Hemisphere, but on the Vernal Equinox, it always occurs to me that in places like South America today they are having their Autumnal Equinox, which heralds their Fall of the year, my very favorite time of year. 

I often wish I were ridiculously rich so that I could always live in Autumn and Winter.  Oh, early Spring is lovely and nice, but if given the choice I'd never live in Spring past April.  I'd move on to Autumn and Winter.   I'd most likely never experience Summer ever again unless it was on a mountaintop where it cools down to at least 70 degrees every single night - preferable colder than that.  I've had enough Summertime these past 22 years to last me a lifetime.  If I never see Summer again, that is okay with me.

But today it is Spring.  The birds are singing.  The trees are greening.  The flowers are blooming.  The weather is still nice and cool in the mornings.  The sun is shining, and all seems right with the world. 

Happy Spring 2017 everyone!  Enjoy your day!


For some information about some interesting Spring traditions people do all around the world: Click HERE.  Hungry to read more about Spring traditions??  Click HERE.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment