Thursday, March 9, 2017

Solar Roofs and 3-D Printed Houses

Today I've requested updates from https://www.tesla.com/solar for their solar roof.  These roofs are AMAZING.  They are made up of solar panels and actually power your home, AND they are to start production on them Summer 2017!!  A few short months away!

Watch this!



All I can say is, "WOW" and "About time!"

Then after doing a little research about solar roofs, I contacted the 3-D Printing Company, Sunconomy, in Texas to ask them if they can print a house in the Asheville or Hendersonville, NC area and include a Tesla solar roof.  I'll let you know what they say when I hear back from them.

The 3-D Printed Houses are awesome and only cost around $10,000.00 to print.  You'd have to add the transportation cost of bringing the house printer and construction engineers to your area, then add the foundation, flooring, wiring, plumbing, ceilings, sheet rock, appliances, light fixtures, ceiling fans, landscaping, fencing, etc. to that price, but you'd still have an awesome home way cheaper and way quicker and way more energy efficient that sight built or modular homes. 

Watch this, but know there are many designs to choose from.  The video only shows the first printed. By the way, they print with cement!



So...these are my thoughts for today.

Yes. I'm thinking about where I will live after I sell my house again. It needs to be somewhere cheap and somewhere very good that will make me glad I moved.


Wish me good luck, and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment