Monday, July 3, 2017

Today is the First Day of the Rest of My Life

Today is the very first real day of my retirement.

It is Monday and I slept until 7:00 AM!  I did not have to immediately rush to get dressed.  I leisurely checked  my personal email knowing that there would be no unanswerable questions there.  No problems to solve.  No stress.

To top it off, it is a perfect day.  Small rain showers keep passing through.  It is greyer and cooler than yesterday.  I just LOVE a rainy day.  My favorite.

It stopped raining long enough for my landscaper to clean my yard around Noon, so now my yard looks its very best.  All my plants are watered.  The bird feeders are full.  All is right with my world.

My realtor has scheduled an Open House to try to sell my house this coming Saturday, July 8, 2017 from 11am to 2pm.  Cross your fingers that it sells for a good price.

I miraculously found an excellent premium dog food to try with my dogs, American Journey Limited Ingredient Grain-Free Lamb & Sweet Potato Recipe Dry Dog Food.  They hate the new formula of the dog food I've been feeding them these past 12 years, Nutro Lamb and Rice, so I'm trying another American brand.  This new food had a "half-price on your first bag" offer on it, so I'm trying it.  It is lamb like they like, and I know they love sweet potatoes.  I buy my dog food from chewy.com so I just ordered it and bought some canned food that they like too since I got such a good deal on the dry food.  Win win!

The most wonderful thing that has happened so far during my retirement is I received a month's Directv Now trial for FREE!  I activated it and can stream all the TV shows I love and haven't seen in years since I cancelled my cable.  Free is the right price!  AND I can enjoy it for a whole month!!  INCLUDING HBO!  Yay!

I have a lot of work I need to do before Friday.  I need to clean my closets and paint my front porch rockers, plus all the normal cleaning (sweep, vacuum, mop, dust, polish, laundry, dishes, etc.) but I think I will just take a break today.  It is absolutely wonderful to be able to just take a break and not have to worry about work.

I could get used to this.  I think I will.  😊

No comments:

Post a Comment