Friday, June 16, 2017

Alice and the Orient Express

It is almost my birthday again, which always reminds me of previous birthdays.  Today I'm thinking about my 50th birthday back in 2005, a dozen years ago now. For that particular birthday I received a "once in a lifetime" type of gift that included an overnight ride on the Orient Express.

Yes.  The REAL ORIGINAL Orient Express train in Europe.  No.  I didn't have to murder anyone during the trip.  -grin-

The Orient Express ride part of the trip went from Paris, France to Venice, Italy, overnight, through the Alps and the wine country.  It was as wonderful as you imagine it would be or maybe even better.

These photos were taken in the train station in Paris as we were about to leave.



Dinner on the Orient Express was formal and delicious.  Men in tuxedos and women in formal wear.  It was held in the dining car with cocktails in the piano bar car afterwards.  Just wonderful.  The service on that train was the best I have ever experienced.  It was like they only hired psychic servers because they anticipated your needs and took care of you almost always without you having to ask.

I'm with the man I dated from 1998 until 2008.  This trip was my birthday gift from him.




I met a lot of interesting people. The gentleman beside me with dark hair was traveling with his wife.  She was taking the photo.  They were from Australia. 

It was fascinating to experience how the 1% get to live everyday. I'm thinking I could get used to living this way.

I am truly blessed and I know it and I am truly thankful.

Here are some more photos for you.  Enjoy!

Our Cabin on the train.






The Alps

Our personal servant.

Employees on the train who served us.


Our "Water Closet"


No comments:

Post a Comment